Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beatification?


Actually, I am through with posting about Catholicism, but when I received the Powerpoint presentation from Alex Lee this morning about Mother Theresa, I decided to read more about her on Wiki. And found out that she was beatified by Pope John Paul II and given the title Blessed Teresa of Calcutta after she died.

At first I thought it was a wrong spelling for the word beaUtified. Since there is a link to the word beatified, I looked that up and behold, something extremely fool-nee (funny) I discovered.

In Catholicism, beatification (from Latin beatus, blessed, via Greek μακάριος, makarios) is a recognition accorded by the church of a dead person's accession to Heaven and capacity to intercede on behalf of individuals who pray in his or her name (intercession of saints).

What the??? It's like, if I become a "Blessed", people will pray in my name??? Like... "... in Blessed John of Kuching's name I pray." LOL What the hell man....

And that's not all...

A person who is beatified is given the title "Blessed." The feast day, however, is not universal, but is celebrated only in regions where the Blessed receives particular veneration. For instance, Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha is honored in the United States of America and Canada.

So if I become "Blessed", there will be a public holiday in my name... LOL This is all incredible rubbish man...

And take a look at this progression chart. It's just ridiculous. We are all servants of God, venerables of God, blessed people of God and saints of God. We DON'T need beatification by a human Pope to make us BLESSED or not.


Blessed John of Kuching........ LOL........... What lah..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home